Dafina.net Le Net des Juifs du Maroc

Bienvenu(e)! Identification Créer un nouveau profil

Recherche avancée

LUGASSY

Envoyé par jero 
LUGASSY
22 mai 2005, 09:02
Greetings.

People in my wife's family argue whether the Lugassys in Morocco originated in Spain or in Eastern Europe. Do you have any information on this?

Thanks,
David Goldman

Modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification le 31/01/2007 11:11 par clementine.
Re: Lugassy
28 juillet 2005, 15:00
The origin of Lugassy seems spanish. But i know a family Who's name is Lugassy and they are from Essaouira ex Mogador in Morocco.

Modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification le 31/01/2007 11:11 par clementine.
08 janvier 2006, 14:25
hi i know a family Lugassy they living in EVRY is it in the countryside south of PARIS that man was working in the post office and he was dead (zal) two years ago, he got one daughter she had about 50 years old maybe. if u need more informations about this family ,il be happy to help you to know more about thems
sorry for the bad english bye bye

09 janvier 2006, 01:41
Shalom , good morning
i'am david Bouhadana born in Mogador
i do remimber many LUGASSY from Mogador
most of all are in israel now
be clear in your message
give the place , names, if you can
hope you will find your's
david
05 août 2007, 11:26
je connais une femme (woman) chirurgien-dentiste de marseille en france portant le nom de LUGASSY Carolle (( carolle.lugassy@free.fr )) ET ELLE EST ORIGINAIRE DU MAROC

André BARMOHA (( BARMO'HA / BAR-MOHA )) ,fils de sol/solange BARMOHA , petit fils de Rabbi Joseph (Yossef) BARMOHA et de yaccout BENSHANAN de Mogador (Maroc) ,ar-petit fils de Rabbi Haim BARMOHA de Mogador........
Re: LUGASSY
03 janvier 2022, 06:44
Hello, I am a Lugassi. My roots are in Northern Morocco. The general consensus is that Lugassi/y originated in Lugas, a town in Villaviciosa, Asturias. We do know Jews had lived there and in Asturias but in low numbers.

Over the years I have heard about a claim that Lugassi originated in a name of a mountain called Djebel Elougasse or the near by town of Uggaz in Northern Algeria. The Arabic spelling however do not colide between the Jewish surname and the mountain nor town.

Other claims speaks of Lugas in Southwestern France.

Modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification le 03/01/2022 12:28 par jero.
Seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent poster des messages dans ce forum.

Cliquer ici pour vous connecter

DAFINA

Copyright 2000-2024 - DAFINA - All Rights Reserved