Envoyé par Lison2 
Re: BILINGUES ? POSTS IN ENGLISH
18 octobre 2008, 11:57
Je trouve ce mail tellement vraix!
Lison

It was worth sending on

545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ .

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it is up to you, though you appear to have several choices.

1. You can send this to everyone in your address book, and hope they do something about it.

2. You can agree to vote against everyone that is currently in office, knowing that the process will take several years.

3. You can decide to run for office yourself and agree to do the job properly.

4. Lastly, you can sit back and do nothing, or re-elect the current bunch.

YOU DECIDE, BUT AT LEAST SEND IT TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK, MAYBE SOMEONE IN THERE WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
18 octobre 2008, 12:01

NEW STOCK MARKET TERMS

CEO --Chief Embezzlement Officer.
CFO-- Corporate Fraud Officer.
BULL MARKET -- A random market movement causing an investor to mistake
himself for a financial genius.
BEAR MARKET -- A 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance,
the wife gets no jewelry, and the husband gets no sex.
VALUE INVESTING -- The art of buying low and selling lower.
P/E RATIO -- The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the
market keeps crashing.
BROKE -- What my broker has made me.
STANDARD & POOR -- Your life in a nutshell.
STOCK ANALYST -- The idiot who just downgraded your stock.
STOCK SPLIT -- When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets
equally between themselves.
FINANCIAL PLANNER -- A guy whose phone has been disconnected.
MARKET CORRECTION -- The day after you buy stocks.
CASH FLOW-- The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.
YAHOO -- What you yell after selling it to some poor sucker for $240 per share.
WINDOWS -- What you jump out of when you're the sucker who bought Yahoo @ $240 per share.

INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR -- Past year investor who's now locked up in a nuthouse.
PROFIT -- An archaic word no longer in use
18 octobre 2008, 12:30
Haha, nice one! I'll for sure forward it to my colleagues on monday! Stock analyst definition definitely rocks! grinning smiley
19 octobre 2008, 00:54
Maxime, la vieille américaine avec son franc-parler :

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it is, as I filled it lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table ...everywhere!
Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.
And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.
After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.
Soon, the back yard was like it used to be.... quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see. Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, and free education and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.
Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to 'press one' to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than 'Old Glory' are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder. If you agree, pass it on; if not, continue cleaning up the poop!
09 décembre 2008, 05:15
from the Newsletter Israel21C
dated dec 9 2008

Pious Christians and Jews make regular pilgrimages to Israel, despite the safety concerns, which often fade away soon after arrival. They visit the churches and synagogues, the Western Wall and famous sites like Masada at the Dead Sea and Copernicus on the Sea of Galilee. But what's been stopping America's Muslim population from visiting Israel's holy sites, which they share with the other two monotheistic religions?

When the UK-based Three Faiths Forum put out a call that they would be arranging a six-day tour for Christians, Muslims and Jews to Israel, the response from the Muslim community was overwhelming. Of the 26 participants, 23 were Muslims, two were Christian and one was a Jew. It was the first trip to Israel and the Palestinian Authority organized by a predominantly Muslim group from the UK.

Rabbi David Hulbert of Bet Tikvah Synagogue in East London, and an organizer of the trip, said in retrospect the answer as to why Muslims don't visit Israel was obvious. British Jews are a little different from American ones, he says, in that if they have an interest in Israel, they've already made the trip. That's due to the proximity of Israel to England -- close enough that a good deal of Christian pilgrims makes the voyage on a regular basis as well.

For the Muslims however, despite Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa mosque being a holy site in their religion, most don't feel they are welcome. "Al-Aqsa mosque is the third holy place after Mecca and Medina. They wanted to go with their own eyes and never had the 'permission'," says Hulbert, explaining that not having permission, although not official, is something that the Muslims feel. "There are no Muslim tours," he tells ISRAEL21c, and the press coverage out of Israel might make them think they would face "racism and discrimination."

A pledge to support Israel

In Israel, the group's actual experience counteracted any propaganda they had read about Israel. Imam Dr. Mohammed Fahim of the South Woodford Community Center in South Woodford, said he felt proud to be the first British Imam to visit Israel, and that he pledged to raise funds for a multi-faith hospital he visited during the short trip: Poria Hospital outside of Tiberius.

"Before I went I had a completely different idea of what I was going to see," he tells ISRAEL21c. "I saw a hospital where the doctors, nurses and staff were Jews or Palestinians yet all worked together and there was no discrimination against any patients."

The visit to the hospital in particular, was inspiring he says. "We saw how people are living together. There might be problems among a minority of people, but it is largely peaceful... We were treated with dignity and respect wherever we went. It's a beautiful country and I would like to go again, hopefully with many more people from our center."

Free and secure

Rabbi Hulbert agrees that one of the highlights of the trip was the hospital, which is "blind to ethnic priority." Dr. Fahim wandered around the maternity ward, and having been born in Egypt was able to chat with the local people in Arabic. "They were fascinated by seeing Muslims from London," says Hulbert who is looking into ways of expanding the trip.

"I was impressed by the lack of any obvious security in the Old City," he says. "People could go where they want to." One example was the 4am morning prayers where the British Muslims got to join their brethren in Jerusalem, among a sea of people. They got to see that "Israel was a free country and people's religious rights are preserved," says Hulbert, explaining that the trip came about because members of the Forum expressed an interest in visiting Israel.

"It was wonderful to see the country through their eyes. The trip went smoothly," concludes Hulbert.
09 décembre 2008, 05:38
Many thanks, Lison2, for this interesting report. I must point out that ALL hospitals in Israel are "blind to ethnic priority".
11 décembre 2008, 11:32
Thank you for helping Marylou give us the real news, Souiri. Appreciate it.thumbs up
13 décembre 2008, 12:48
I am all heart for Marylou and her thoughts.

Her thread "Israel's news. was initialy, I think, to translate Israely news from Hebrew to French. It kept me informed. I came to Israel much too old (62's) to understand the news programs. At this time, I am not happy at all with this government, and I presume soon we will have a right wing prime minister.

Marie is a first-hand witness in the treatment of all emergencies arriving in the hospital where she works as a nurse, I know she tells it like it is.
One acquires a real feel of the pulse of the country when one works everyday with all kinds of populations.
Being retired today, all I can say for ourselves in the kibboutz, and Sderot, is that the kassams are still falling at random here and there, we live miracles everyday.
Elisabeth
13 décembre 2008, 16:02
I feel for you Elizabeth! sad smiley I wish I could help; what you're going is unacceptable. Some will say it's none of my business as a goy living in that Gola eye rolling smiley but shame on your government! Shame, shame on them!
One of my goals for 2009 is learning Hebrew so I can read more news straight from the horse's mouth. Until then I'll have to rely on Marylou and her dedication.
Hang in there Elizabeth!
15 décembre 2008, 17:13
How are you holding up, Elisabeth?
16 décembre 2008, 00:49
we live 4 km from Sderot in a kibboutz, 8 km north of Gaza. I am more angry than afraid. imagine just a minute if the country was not as strong as it is? it is showing too much restrain as far as I am concerned, because of humanity or call it whatever you want. The Israeli army could wipe out the whole of Gaza no ? they are not doing it, why ? it is politics,
there are 35000 people in Sderot, a nice little city, the people there go about their day, as if they lived in anywhere in a country at peace, there are factories, businesses. agriculture, shopping centers, theaters, souks, schools a good university called Sapir College, sports clubs, synagogues, clinics ect etc........... and shelters, shelters at every corners, bus stops, large areas without buildings. nicely decorated.

What I see here, there are two *palestine* one willing to work with Israel... , and one embracing the ideology of Iran and his mad president

We also have our divisions. I know that our population will unite with little difficulty That is my belief, providing we act with strenght.

We need a new leader.

Elisabeth
16 décembre 2008, 02:01
You guys need a leader, period. I haven't seen much leadership in your country for a while.

Are you sure there are still Palestinians who want peace with Israel? They did elect Hamas into power after all. Fatah is no better if you ask me; their charter reads like something straight out of Mein Kampf.

Have a great week!
Sarah
16 décembre 2008, 03:12
No Godwin girls !
It's not by having such attitude that you'll bring people to peace. Let's start by talking to them as an equal human beings and not like by asking fakely : "why don't we wipe out the whole shit" or "is there any palestinian willing to make peace" or whatever ... It's just arrogant, and it's obviously not this way that will bring peace to you ppl !
16 décembre 2008, 03:51
experience experience and experience dear Wolf.............. repeated lies and broken promises, thievery greed and power - you talk to them ok ? show us what a leader in the Arab world should be like ok ?
which one should we trust and take as our friend tell us Wolfy,

Elisabeth
16 décembre 2008, 04:16
Don't think you should deal with all the Arab world. It's obviously not an homogeneous entity. Israel should just discuss with one partner, Palestinians. I also think that Abu Mazen should be brought back as tier-1 official spokesman if we want real problems to be solved. As long as we continue feeding Hamas controversy, no progress will be made ...
16 décembre 2008, 05:11
let's talk after our elections.
Lison
16 décembre 2008, 06:28
16 décembre 2008, 11:35
The dialog will not start beween leaders, but between simple citizens.

What does an Israeli know about arab culture? About arab music? About arab litterature? During the first 20 years after the israeli Independance, learning Arabic was obligatory in every school. Now, it is only an "option".
16 décembre 2008, 12:54
Souiri
The million arabs living in Israel speak and work in hebrew, as far as I know, to learn about arabs's culture living in Israel is lived everyday. Who should be the one fading into the other's culture ? for the young they all want the same thing.

Their villages have the visits ofIsraeli doctors and nurses and administrators from every offices in the country, these civil workers or professionals are jewish of differents origins, and some are certainly israelies, normally, with trust and peace, in any other society, people became friends, and the religion or color of skin should not matter at all.

I am surprised that you Souiri is suggesting that the Israelies should learn Arabic language and know more about their neighbors culture, we take and leave what we want. It should stay a choice, completely personal. the young Israeli is like any other youth, wants to live fully, before and after the army. The world is not too safe for us Jews, or didnt you know ?
maybe you should tell me, because I dont know, do the Arab University students have a choice of language here in Israel ? arabic or hebrew ?

Elisabeth
16 décembre 2008, 16:14
Lison2 a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> experience experience and experience dear
> Wolf.............. repeated lies and broken
> promises, thievery greed and power - you talk to
> them ok ? show us what a leader in the Arab world
> should be like ok ?
> which one should we trust and take as our friend
> tell us Wolfy,
>
> Elisabeth

Elisabeth,

he's baiting you.
Seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent poster des messages dans ce forum.

Cliquer ici pour vous connecter

DAFINA

Copyright 2000-2024 - DAFINA - All Rights Reserved