Dafina.net Le Net des Juifs du Maroc

Bienvenu(e)! Identification Créer un nouveau profil

Recherche avancée

BILINGUES ? POSTS IN ENGLISH

Envoyé par Lison2 
Re: BILINGUES ? POSTS IN ENGLISH
18 août 2009, 04:33
hi Surfeuse, did you know this ?
terrible.... Obama is a big disappointment.

Aug. 17, 2009
Jonathan Tobin , THE JERUSALEM POST

When asked about whether US President Barack Obama was rethinking his decision to give Mary Robinson his nation's highest civilian award, a spokesman for the White House was quoted as saying that the president "had no second thoughts" about giving the former Irish president the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Indeed, the ceremony went off without a hitch and nary a discouraging word as Robinson and 15 other less controversial recipients got their medals amid a blizzard of presidential praise.

Obama lauded Robinson, the woman who presided over the United Nation's anti-Semitic hate fest at the 2001 Durban Conference on racism, as "an advocate for the hungry and the hunted, the forgotten and the ignored," and ignored the widespread criticism of the honoree from a wide range of Jewish groups as well as some members of Congress.

Robinson is a longtime foe of the Jewish state and even today holds the post of honorary president of Oxfam, an NGO that gained publicity last week for firing actress Kirstin Davis of Sex and the City fame as its spokeswoman because she also represents Ahava, whose Dead Sea cosmetics are considered off-limits by Israel-haters.

Though the dustup over Robinson cast something of a shadow on an event that is almost always non-controversial (because the White House generally eliminates questionable candidates), the dispute did not generate a great deal of publicity. It was Robinson's good fortune that the weeks leading up to the ceremony were dominated by a divisive national debate over health care reform.

Even Obama's most virulent critics on the right were too preoccupied with the debate over the president's massive expansion of government power for it to register much of an impact on the nation's political Richter scale.

BUT FRIENDS of Israel, especially those Jewish Democrats who have been doing their best to ignore the White House's increasingly belligerent tone toward the Jewish state, would do well to note what happened with Robinson. Obama honored a virulent enemy of Israel, someone who bore a great deal of responsibility for Durban, one of the most disgraceful episodes in the history of an institution - the UN - that is no stranger to disgrace. And he has gotten away with it with hardly a scratch on his reputation.

Though some will dismiss this incident as a minor mistake that will soon be forgotten, the main lesson to be learned here may not be the one about presidential award nominations needing to be more thoroughly vetted. Rather, it may be that as much as this was an unforced error on the part of the White House, what Obama and his advisers may take away from this incident is how easily they were able to dismiss a nearly universal Jewish dismay.

In the weeks to come, the president and his foreign-policy team are said to be preparing what we are told is a new Middle East peace plan. The upshot of this exercise may be some sort of peace conference doomed to certain failure because neither of the two leading Palestinian factions - the supposedly more moderate Fatah that runs the Palestinian Authority and the Islamist terrorists of Hamas - have any real interest in a peace deal with Israel.

As Robert Malley, the former Clinton administration staffer who is a prominent critic of Israel, wrote in The New York Times last week, for either group "to accept Israel as a Jewish state would legitimize the Zionist enterprise that brought about their tragedy. It would render the Palestinian national struggle at best meaningless, at worst criminal." Thus, the only possible purpose of the Obama initiative will be to attempt again to bludgeon Israel into making concessions to Palestinians that are uninterested in peace.

THE ADMINISTRATION is also still committed to "engagement" with Iran's despotic Islamist regime and continues to appear uninterested in any serious effort to stop Teheran from gaining nuclear capability. Though both Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Robert Gates have talked about giving the Iranians until after the General Assembly of the United Nations meets this fall before attempting to organize more stringent sanctions, this is not a credible stance since such efforts will not only be undermined by lackluster European support and open opposition from China and Russia, they will almost certainly be too late to stop Teheran's nuclear timetable.

On both these issues, despite their hopes that Obama may ultimately step back from a full-throttle battle, the pro-Israel community may soon find itself looking into the business end of a White House propaganda machine that will feel confident about dismissing concerns about Israel's security in much the same way that they have trashed opponents of their health care plan.

There are those who take the point of view that the willingness of mainstream groups such as the Anti-Defamation League and others to allow any daylight to be seen between themselves and the White House on the Robinson affair is a sign that Jewish spines are stiffening in response to Obama's attitude on Jewish security issues. But that strikes me as over-optimistic at best since left-wing groups with growing clout among administration circles, such as J Street, dutifully supported the president on the issue. So long as his leftist base sticks with him, it's doubtful that the president will worry about support from mainstream liberals who are loathe to make common cause with Obama's critics.

Though they may have been surprised that any major Jewish groups had the chutzpah to oppose the president even on this issue, the nonchalance with which Obama and his apologists road roughshod over any opposition to the award may well have taught the White House that they can get away with anything.

There may have been some who thought Robinson's award would prove to be Obama's Bitburg moment - a symbolic episode that forever tarnished Ronald Reagan's reputation even among his most ardent Jewish supporters. But while Reagan paid a heavy price for offending Jewish sensibilities by honoring dead SS members at a German cemetery, Obama escaped from the Robinson award with few scars and little media attention to the story.

Far from serving as a warning to the White House to tread carefully in the future when it comes to Israel or the Jews, Mary Robinson's medal may turn out instead to be a trial run for far worse outrages yet to come from this president.

The writer is executive editor of Commentary Magazine where he contributes to its blog Contentions at www.commentarymagazine.com
18 août 2009, 09:06
Hi Lison

Yes, I knew about it and I'm not surprised. I fully expected this. sad smiley
18 août 2009, 09:44
The author of the last HRW report accusing Israel of “war crimes” is a radical Marxist who has written in explicit support of terrorist violence against Israel — and even applauded the 1972 massacre of Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics: Who Is Human Rights Watch’s Joe Stork?

Joe Stork, a senior official in Human Rights Watch, which accuses the IDF of killing Palestinians who waved white flags, is a fanatical supporter of the elimination of Israel. He was a friend of Saddam, ruled out negotiations and supported the Munich Massacre, which “provided an important boost in morale among Palestinians.”

Last Thursday, many world media outlets covered the press conference in which a senior Human Rights Watch official, Joe Stork, presented the report accusing Israel of killing twelve Palestinians in the Gaza Strip who waved white flags during Operation Cast Lead. Stork, the person identified with the report, has a unique history of Israel-hating: He supported the murder of Israeli athletes in Munich, was an avid supporter of Saddam Hussein and more.

Several times in the past, Stork has called for the destruction of Israel and is a veteran supporter of Palestinian terrorism. Already as a student, Stork was amongst the founders of a new radical leftist group, which was formed based on the claim that other leftist groups were not sufficiently critical of Israel and of the United States’ support of it. Already in 1976, Stork participated in a conference organized by Saddam Hussein which celebrated the first anniversary of the UN decision that equated Zionism with racism. Stork, needless to say, arrived at the conference as a prominent supporter of Palestinian terrorism and as an opponent to the existence of the State of Israel.

He also labeled Palestinian violence against Israel as “revolutionary potential of the Palestinian masses”—language that was typical of fanatical Marxists.

In articles which he authored during the 1970’s, Stork stated that he was against the very existence of Israel as an “imperialistic entity” and, to this end, provided counsel to Arab regimes on how to eliminate the Zionist regime. He also was opposed to any negotiations since this meant recognizing its existence: “Zionism may be defeated only by fighting imperialism,” wrote Stork, “and not through deals with Kissingers.”
27 août 2009, 03:15
I placed this video on two threads, (sans parole) and this one

E
14 septembre 2009, 22:21
The Jewish People's Right to the Land of Israel
The "Mandate for Palestine" & the Law of War

Ban Ki-moon, Hillary Clinton and Javier Solana became victims to the 'Occupation' mantra their own organization has repeated over and over in their propaganda campaign to legitimize the Arab position.

The "Road Map" vision, as well as continuous pressure from the "Quartet" (U.S., the European Union, the UN and Russia) to surrender parts of the Land of Israel are contrary to international law that firmly call to "encourage ... close settlement by Jews on the land, including State lands and waste lands not required for public purposes." It also requires "seeing that no Palestine territory shall be ceded or leased to, or in any way placed under the control of the government of any foreign power."

Any attempt to negate the Jewish people's right to Palestine - Eretz-Israel, and to deny them access and control in the area designated for the Jewish people by the League of Nations is a serious infringement of international law.
01 octobre 2009, 23:34
I had a good laugh this morning ! my friend Emilio from Montreal sent this to me :
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
03 octobre 2009, 04:59
and they call me an extremist on this thread !
so be it !!

grinning smileyear Friends,
After throwing Israel (along with Honduras, Poland and the Czech Republic) under the bus, President Obama has now placed the State of Israel on the chopping block!

Please watch this 9 minute interview with former UN Ambassador John Bolton - and pass this along to ANYONE - ANYONE who cares about the Jewish State of Israel.

CRUNCH TIME IS COMING!!!

Glenn Beck Clips 09-23-09 Seg5- John Bolton: Obama Speech to UN Most Radical Ever by Pres.

332 views - 4 hours ago

What we told you about Obama last year is now materializing.
05 octobre 2009, 00:59
read ! no answer or comment is expected.
Elisabeth

Jerusalem United! (from the Christian Ambassy of Jerusalem)
-by Malcolm Hedding

Benjamin Disraeli, the prime minister of the United Kingdom at the turn of the 20th century, had a special way to take on his detractors who heckled him as a Jew when he rose to speak in parliament. “My people were kings in Jerusalem while you were still scratching around in the fields for mushrooms,” he would say.

The point is, Jerusalem was the Royal House of Israel long before London or Paris had regal palaces, and Berlin or New York even existed. Yet it is these capitals in their arrogance that seek, almost daily, to disinvest the Jewish people from their ancient, biblical claim and connection to Jerusalem.

This is a people who for thousands of years expressed their attachment to and longing for the city by exclaiming every Passover: “Next year in Jerusalem!”

The city has been the capital of only one people and that is the Jewish people. No other nation can or should lay claim to it. “Jerusalem is not a settlement!” as current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has recently declared. It is the City of David, Solomon, the great Prophets and Sages of the Bible, and the city that Jesus himself prayed for and recognized as Jewish.

Even the Hebrew Patriarch Abraham, four thousand years ago, travelled to Moriah and the city of Salem to worship God. It is from this divine encounter four millennia ago that the city, even the modern one, takes its name. It is Jerusalem, the City of Peace and of righteousness.

In contrast, when the Ottoman Turks conquered the region and reigned over it for 400 years, they never treated the city as anything more than a backwater provincial town. It was no one else’s capital and remained neglected and broken down. Even the Islamic legend that Muhammad ascended into heaven from here is doubtful and disputed by Islamic theologians!

Yet the great Israelite kings David and Solomon wrote magnificent eulogies to the city three thousand years ago and these can all be read in the poetry section of the Bible. The great Hebrew prophets did the same as they called her Jewish inhabitants to account. The Apostle Paul always returned to Zion to worship and had a great longing to be in Jerusalem for the Biblical feasts. Jerusalem has always had a Jewish presence, and a Jewish majority once more ever since the mid-1800s.

How strange it is then that the world believes that the ancient biblical city should not be Jewish. What nonsense is this? The Jews have more claim to Jerusalem than the French have to Paris or the Germans to Berlin or the British to London. It is absurd to think otherwise and yet this is the nature of the global political consensus today. It is nothing short of shameful.

At our annual Feast of Tabernacles celebration this week, the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem is marking 30 years of unequivocally standing with and advocating for a united Jerusalem under Israeli sovereignty. Jerusalem is the capital of the Jewish people and those who contest this statement have to either rewrite or totally ignore history. Yet sadly, this they happily do.

The sweet Psalmist of Israel, King David, looked over the walls and ramparts of Jerusalem and wrote, “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper who love her.” His great prayer was for peace and joy to rain down upon the city as the Jewish worshippers gathered to celebrate their prescribed festivals, and as the nations also came to this “house of prayer for all peoples.”

This is our prayer as well. And as the only Embassy in Jerusalem, representing millions of like-minded Christians around the globe, we gladly take ownership of it. “Jerusalem United” is our heart cry and our rallying cry this Sukkot!
10 octobre 2009, 09:09
On a Northwest Airways flight from Atlanta, GA, a well attired
middle-aged woman found herself sitting next to a man wearing a kippa.

She called the attendant over to complain about her seating.

"What seems to be the problem, Madam?" asked the attendant.
"You've sat me next to a Jew!! I can't possibly sit next to this strange
man. Please find me another seat!"

"Madam, I will see what I can do to accommodate," the attendant replied,
"but the flight is virtually full today and I don't know if there is
another seat available."
The woman shoots a snooty look at the snubbed Jewish man beside her (not
to mention the surrounding passengers).
A few minutes later the
attendant returned and said, "Madam, the economy and club sections are
full, however, we do have one seat in First class."
Before the lady had a chance to respond, the attendant continued, "It is
only on exceptions that we make this kind of upgrade, and I had to ask
permission from the captain. But, given the circumstances, the captain
felt that no one should be forced to sit next to an unpleasant
person...”
The flight attendant turned to the Jewish man sitting next to her, and
said:
"So if you'd like to get your things, Sir, I have a comfortable seat for
you in First class..."
At this point, the surrounding passengers stood up and gave a standing
ovation while the Jewish man walked up to the front of the plane.
The lady then said indignantly,
"The Captain must have made a mistake...”
To which the attendant replied,
"No Ma'am. Captain Cohen never makes a mistake." On a Northwest Airways flight from Atlanta, GA, a well attired

another seat available."
A few minutes later the
person...”
said:
you in First class..."
"No Ma'am. Captain Cohen never makes a mistake." On a Northwest Airways flight from Atlanta, GA, a well attired

another seat available."
A few minutes later the
person...”
said:
you in First class..."

another seat available."
A few minutes later the
person...”
said:
you in First class..."
"No Ma'am. Captain Cohen never makes a mistake."
18 octobre 2009, 05:07
18 octobre 2009, 07:35
Thanks Lison,

How can we forget him when we realize every day, with great sorrow, that courageous and "intègres" persons like him are so few and rare.
19 octobre 2009, 14:39
hi ... this is just a skort sighted view; cauz he's just given his view based on his own kowledge and his own experience performed elswhere,like any soldier; and that actually worths nothing; you know what I mean ?
So the question is wht happend exactly in gaza, last winter... ok?
anyway, it comes as no surprise that the escalation with hamas may start over again, and israel will carry out its mlitary action in return, with another mitakes, to end up finally in human right court again ...and so on... the wheele is come full circle

have you ever heard of "give the devil his due" ???
it means a prompt and complete pull out from all parts legaly belonging to palestinians.
that's what exactly Isarel should do once and for all, and what actually is expected by the international community from israel.
19 octobre 2009, 14:58
sorry for my writting mistakes beacause of my new kayboard;

unlike what it's being said in the testemony " mistakes are not war crimes"; but only, there are mistakes and mistakes; and all depend om kind of mistakes ;
making mistakes is human, yes ; but war is less !
bye
19 octobre 2009, 16:20
To-be-free,

I fully believe in this British officer who dares say the truth in front of all these liar, arrogant, sanguinary dictators. Don't you agree? Nobody said that war is beautiful but everyday you can hear how many muslims are dying under the fire and bombs of their "brothers". But this does not seem to bother anybody.
20 octobre 2009, 10:25
so do I, dear rivou. The truth has already come out in daylight, but some are just turning blind eye on this particular issue;
None is blaming Israel for standing up for its population’s security against the unconscious rocket launchs by hamass militants; no doubt on this .
But remember what had been said last winter, all occidental nations argued unanimously that Israel had right to defend itself;
But only at one crucial moment during this war, when the gazaoui population had deeply suffered, and the weakened hamass run away, there were only schools, children, elders without defense; we all thought that Israel would stop at this sensitive point. But at the big surprise, unfortunately, Israel army kept on increasing causalities without any justifiable reason, just looking for hamass militants believing they were hidden behind civilian buildings; is it a reason to kill children who are nothing to do with Israel neither their hamass rulers? I don’t think so. They are hostages in all this mess! Finally, the war ended unsuccessfully, as hamass is still alive. Now Israel shall give account for this loss. And that does apply to any nation who breaches the international laws.
20 octobre 2009, 13:39
Je voudrais revenir a ma declaration et expliquer les choses cette fois-ci dans notre langage marocain;
apres le declenchement des opeartions militaires a gaza, Israel a du appuyer un petit peu sur le champignon; avouons le
tazahal a la superiorite aerienne, terrestre et maritime; les deux forces sont incomparables;
mais ils etaient parti pour punir le hamass; pas pour la guerre a une force egale! ils leur ont donne une raclee mais une bonne a tout le monde hamass+population confondus
il y avait-la un sentiment de vengeance; c’etait d’autant perceptible et visible que l’on ne peut ignorer;
Voila ce qui s’etait exactement passe.
Seulement c’etaient plus les innocents qui avaient trinque; et c’est eux qui trinquent toujours et payent le pot casse.
Mais d’un cote, aucun pays au monde n’accepterait des tir de roquettes pareil sur sa populations, aucun aucun; Et justement, puisque on parle du temoignage de cet officier britannique; rappelons-nous quand l’IRA et les unionistes ont repris leur luttes armees dans les annees 70, downing street avait deploye pas moins de 25000 soldat dans la seule Belfast; pour quoi cet officier britannique ne reclame une force pareille pour gaza pour retablir l’ordre??? Ce serait la meilleure solution en attendant le processus de paix prendre son cours normalement;
De l’autre cote aussi, personne ne pourrait reprocher aux civiles israeliens de faire leur propre loi; a preuve du contraire, on n’a jamais entendu parler d’un isrealien tirer une roquettes sur des palestiniens; ils essuient les coups, et font confiance en leur gouvernement de prendre la decision pour reposter; tandis que du cote du hamass, on a l’impression que celui qui reussit a se lever tot, tire une roquette; non mais ca va bien ??!! chacun fait sa loi!! Tout ca est clair, de toute facon; et on fait que repotasser a chaque la meme chose; et on s’enlasse a force; Le plus simple et de se retirer, plus de colonies, et que chacun vit de cote; n’est-ce pas????
10 novembre 2009, 04:28
feeling proud !!! I am sharing

[www.cnbc.com]
IMPEACH OBAMA ....
23 novembre 2009, 12:04
ALL YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT OBAMA!!

Objet : impeach obama

[www.c4strategies.com]
Re: BILINGUES ? POSTS IN ENGLISH SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT !!!!!
25 novembre 2009, 11:22
This venerable and much honored WW II veteran is well known in Hawaii for his seventy-plus years of service to patriotic organizations and causes all over the country. A humble man without a political bone in his body, he has never spoken out before about a government official, until now. He dictated this letter to a friend, signed it and mailed it to the president.

FROM A WWII VETERAN:

Dear President Obama,

My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.
I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor, allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.

One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man. So here goes.

I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish. I can't figure out what country you are the president of.
You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like:
" We're no longer a Christian nation"
" America is arrogant" - (Your wife even
announced to the world,"America is mean-
spirited. " Please tell her to try preaching
that nonsense to 23 generations of our
war dead buried all over the globe who
died for no other reason than to free a
whole lot of strangers from tyranny and
hopelessness.)
I'd say shame on the both of you, but I don't think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.
After 9/11 you said," America hasn't lived up to her ideals."

Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War? I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom.
I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know, the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.
Take a little advise from a very old geezer, young man.

Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue. You were elected to lead, not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.
And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don't want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts, who was putting up a fight? You don't mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don't want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.
One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.
You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president. You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That's not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now.
And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.

Sincerely,
Harold B. Estes
When a 95 year old hero of the "The Greatest Generation" stands up and speaks out like this, I think we owe it to him to send his words to as many Americans as we can.
10 décembre 2009, 23:12
little by little, the conscience of man ..... there is hope.

Seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent poster des messages dans ce forum.

Cliquer ici pour vous connecter

DAFINA

Copyright 2000-2024 - DAFINA - All Rights Reserved